Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Game Plan!

i usually start every new year with a plan, not a new year's resolution but a game plan. i go to a starbucks with a notebook and a pencil and just write away...this year though is different, first time to celebrate the new year in another country. the best i could do is make a draft while sipping instant green tea (sawa na ko sa instant coffee!) and eating m&ms, may kalayuan kasi ang starbucks dito..an hour and a half to the nearest one!! anyways, my 2008 game plan rough draft goes a little something like this (read with an andrew e. rhyming & rapping tone)

- now that i have been given a chance to work overseas and earn better, all i have to do is organize my finances. i seriously have to start saving. seriously? seriously!! i should allot a portion of my salary to my personal savings, budget for my mom and my budget until the next payday. sounds easy? believe me it's not...especially when CNET is updating their editor's top picks every week (gadgets galore!!) and when nike, zara and kenneth cole beckons! hahaha. but seriously, i have to start limiting my spending and save, save, save.

- career-wise, my current job is not that challenging plus i don't like the politics. hhmmm...i plan to stick it out for a couple of months more while seriously scouting for a new job. i'm looking into working in singapore if i get to find a nice deal.

- invest. by the end of the year i should have a reasonable investment so that i'll have another source of income aside from my monthly salary. hhmmmm....i wonder what can be a feasible (and reasonable) investment....

- self-improvement. i want to take up and learn something new this year. something that will better myself, say, street dancing or voice lessons, capoeira and the likes. i also vow, teka masyadong serious yung vow, try na lang, try to lose weight and religiously work out.

- relationship/s (hahaha) eto naman eh kung meron lang. if ever i find myself in a relationship this year, i'll give it my best and try hard to make it meaningful..i'm over the highschoolish kind of "mutual understanding". i want to "exclusively" go out with someone. although not the i-want-to-get-married-na kind of setting, i want it to be serious nonetheless. am i contradicting myself again?! ahahha

yan, yan ang aking blue print for this year. good thing there is blog, i'll check on this by mid of this year to see if i've accomplished some. and again by the end of the year to see if nagimbento lang ako! hahaha

No comments: